sabthebookeater

I sniff books like crack.

One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable) (Volume 1)

One Week Girlfriend - Monica  Murphy This review and more at Sab The Book EaterThis book was quite a surprise for me - not because of the story line but because of how much I enjoyed it. I read it in one sitting, in fact. I'll be honest with you though: there's a level of predictability in this book. The synopsis says something about secrets and truth be told I was able to put the pieces together in the first few chapters of the book - it's not that hard. Add that to the fact that this story involves insta love. I cannot stand books with insta love in it; I find it to be incredibly unrealistic. In spite of all of that, I devoured this book so fast without any eye rolling or sarcasm written in the notes I made. Why? Simple: everything's tied together nicely.Monica Murphy did a great job at making a solid story that actually makes sense no matter how crazy. I don't want to spoil much but I just have to say this: ADELE. SUCKS. BEANS.Anyway....The story builds up nicely and even if it was a relatively short read I was able to get into the story quickly and before I knew it I was sympathizing with Drew and Fable. I really love how this story was written. The pacing was good and I think that's the main reason why the predictability was tolerable for me.Now let's get down to the real reason why this book was unputdownable: Drew + Fable. The thing about insta love is they don't make sense (most of the time). But Drew and Fable? They totally made sense. At first their attraction was purely physical - that makes sense, right? Drew's hot, Fable's hot, they stayed in one place for a week...need I say more? It was bound to happen. But then their feelings turned into something else. Drew has serious issues, Fable's life is a mess and they had each other. Their feelings deepened the more they got to know each other and everything fell into place.The one thing I didn't like very much were the quotes at the beginning of every chapter. Some were really nice but I just found it odd that Drew and Fable were quoted plenty of times too. I just... didn't get it. It was a bit weird, that's all. No biggie.One Week Girlfriend was hot and sweet. And the cliffhanger at the end... WHAT!!! Definitely need Second Chance Boyfriend. Definitely. I need me some more Drew + Fable.

Legend