sabthebookeater

I sniff books like crack.

Reflected in You (Crossfire Trilogy Series #2)

Reflected in You - Sylvia Day Reviews, giveaways and more on Sab The Book Eater!I'm very disappointed with this book. I expected so much more from it because there were so many unanswered questions and issues with Bared to You that I thought would be answered here. Unfortunately this book spent more time repeating what readers already know rather than offering something new to keep the story going.Let's start with what went down for 2/3 of the book: sex. It was hot, no doubt about it. Day knows how to write sizzling intimate scenes but it drove me crazy when all they ever did was go at it like bunnies. They celebrate their love with sex. They resolve their fights with sex (not a very healthy solution by the way). They break up (sort of) then have sex after. They get back together, then they have sex. You get the point. They basically say anything they couldn't say (or at least what Gideon couldn't) with sex. I keep repeating the word it's starting to lose it's meaning. And the same thing happened while I was reading the book. The more they did it, the more pages I skipped. I needed something more from this book, some sort of progression in their relationship. It didn't help that the book started immediately where the 1st book left off. I hated reading about the same drama and knowing that everything took place in less than a couple of months. I know they're both damaged and they needed intimacy to express their feelings each other but could we speed things along here, please?What was interesting though were the last few chapters of the book where we're given a glimpse (it felt like just a glimpse) of the real story - what should've been the focal point of the book in the first place. I enjoyed the mystery, how everything tied together and how Gideon finally opened up. Seriously, that guy is so broken it takes a huge fight (usually one with Eva dramatically saying she's "done" and telling him to piss off) for him to open up and to share his past with Eva.The book ends with a very weird plot twist and yet another cliffhanger. I'm honestly having a hard time coming to terms with the unexpected turn of events. Okay, it wasn't so unexpected because I had an inkling which I forced one of my blogger friends to confirm. But it wasn't something I expected out of this novel. It brought the story into a whole new level because there's so much more at stake now. I'm interested to see how the story unfolds in the next one and how Gideon and Eva's relationship develops (really develop) this time around given the circumstances. All in all, it was okay. I didn't like it as much as Bared to You but I'm still looking forward to reading Entwined with You now.

Legend