sabthebookeater

I sniff books like crack.
Life, Love, & Lemons - Magan Vernon Check out my tour stop and enter the giveaway for swag! Sab The Book EaterLife, Love & Lemons felt a lot like a fluffy teen chick flick. The highschool bullying was theatrical, Bentley's mother was unbelievably selfish and Kai was the perfect boy next door (minus the typical clean look though). Having said that, I find this book to be quite entertaining. All the chick flick feels worked well and were actually pretty nice.Bentley Evans got handed a whole bunch of lemons and, even though she wanted to screw the lemons and bail, she didn't. She made lemon water (because she's not much of a lemonade fan). I loved seeing how Bee transformed gradually throughout the book. She surely was beyond bummed about their change in lifestyle but she dealt with all the crap with grace. She wasn't so accepting of her situation at first but as she grew used to her new life, she traded in her bad attitude for a positive outlook on life. Another thing that I liked about this book were Bee's relationshi[ with her father. It's rare for YA books now to have parents really present in a book and even if Bee only had one parent who was there for her, it was refreshing to see moments were she bonded with her dad over the simplest things like cutting coupons. It showed some other side to Bee that you can't see elsewhere.The romance started out a bit rough for me. Bee went from hating emo boy Kai to liking him so quickly. Fortunately though their relationship became more likable because of how sweet they were without getting all serious and insta love-y. Kai was super sweet and adorable! I never thought I'd find fictional  emo boys to be attractive but Kai's charm was definitely irresistible. He complimented Bee well and together they made the story more colorful.The only downside though was how the bullying and other nasty things that occurred in this book was too unrealistic. However it does add a bit of fun to the book in a way. Some people may find that unappealing, some might. I'm in between, to be honest, but overall I think it helped liven up the story. I was able to finish it in less than 4 hours so that's got to mean something, right? So pick up Life, Love, & Lemons if you're looking for your next fun and light teen read. You'll surely find that here. ;)(I received a copy for review. This did not influence me in any way.)

Legend