sabthebookeater

I sniff books like crack.
Too Close - Lilliana Anderson This review is also posted on Sab The Book EaterLilliana Anderson did it again. I wasn't a big fan of David in A Beautiful Struggle because I was so enamored with Elliot. After reading this though I was completely blown away. I didn't think it was possible to read a prequel (after reading the first book) and care for a character I previously didn't feel much for. I guess it's simply Anderson's ability to create unforgettable characters.In Too Close readers are treated to a flashback of Katrina and David's friendship from primary school up to law school. I enjoyed the story a lot because of the pacing. Considering it's a novella, there was never a moment in the story that felt rushed or prolonged. More than that, I loved that it was written in David's point of view. I feel like I never got the chance to really get to know David in A Beautiful Struggle and that's why I wasn't really rooting for him and Katrina. It was like I was supposed to like him because he's the bestfriend who's been waiting in the wings so he's the obvious choice. But here, I finally understood David and his reasons for waiting so long to let Katrina know how he felt. I loved reading about his home life, his lifestyle and how Katrina fit into all of it. Reading about the two of them growing together was like actually growing up with them. By the time I finished reading, I had this urge to read A Beautiful Struggle again and see how my fresh view of David and Katrina would affect my reading experience for the second time around. I will definitely read it soon. Soon is relative. (Thanks a lot, TBR pile)When I said Lilliana Anderson did it again, I mean, she made me fall in love with her characters and their story once more. She writes these seemingly ordinary characters but once you dive into their stories, you would stay there and ask for more. And that's probably why the Beautiful series keeps growing - fans keep asking for more. Her stories are that addicting! There is really something about her writing and I couldn't get enough of it! It was a short book but I got everything I wanted out of it. Pure satisfaction in 200 pages. That's magic right there. ;)P.S.NOW I NEED THE OTHER NOVELLAS.(eARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. This review is based solely on my opinion)

Legend